tomcat-users mailing list archives

From john-paul delaney ...@justatest.com>
Subject Re: OT: db pool problems - jdbc connection count?
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:24:19 GMT
Thanks Oscar... I ran some servlets and observed the postgres processes going over the maxActive
(33 to 30) limit set in server.xml and also those processes marked idle topped the maxIdle
value (21 to 15).  The number of processes then dropped to 25, and I don't experience any
problems with db connection resources.  It appears some reclaiming of connections did take
place.

I'm as much in the dark as ever regarding the cause of connection resource maxing out however.
 Any further suggestions on how to test this behaviour given the apps/versions belown are
much appreciated.

regards
/j-p.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Oscar Carrillo wrote:
> How about just watching the processes for postgresql while you access the
> site?:
>
> ps auxw | grep "postgres"
>

> > tomcat 4.1.24
> > postgresql 7.3.3
> > pg73jdbc3.jar
> > commons-pool 1.0.1
> >
> > I believe I'be been pretty thorough in closing down resultsets, preparedstatements
and connections after use, and use the removeAbandoned parameter in the DataSource Resource
section of server.xml.