tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Jackson <jack...@mathcs.duq.edu>
Subject Re: Turning cookie JSESSIONID off (selectively)
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:35:02 GMT
Ryszard,

Do you need cookies, or do you just need session management?  You can get
the latter by using URL rewriting.  Basically, you just need to pass every
URL written to your pages (including form action attribute values) through
response.encodeURL(String URL) before writing to the page.  If you do
this, you should then be able to turn off cookies (some server parameter,
at least in Tomcat 5, although I don't recall where) and still maintain
session.

Jeff Jackson