tomcat-users mailing list archives

From srevi...@g88.net
Subject Re: Problem Compiling JSP Servlet
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:18:57 GMT
> Subject: Problem Compiling JSP Servlet

billy_aplin> I am new to JSP development and I am trying to compile a
billy_aplin> simple servlet from the "More Servlets and JavaServer
billy_aplin> Pages".  I am getting the error "cannot resolve symbol"
billy_aplin> (see below), which is supposed to mean that I do not have
billy_aplin> my classpath setting correct, but I am fairly certain
billy_aplin> that the CLASSPATH settings are correct:

> CLASSPATH
> .; c:\JavaDev; c:\Tomcat\common\lib\servlet.jar

if you say

 echo %CLASSPATH%

do you see the above values?  Offhand, I think the spaces
may be your problem.

--
Steve