tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pieter Jan Velzeboer" <>
Subject Re: intermitant availabilty of JNDI Realm
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:45:24 GMT
the ldap is server is one router hop away.

i have noticed that upon startup, tomcat opens a connection to the ldap
and keeps it open, is this by design? if so it could be that the ldap
directory is tired of keeping a connection open and closes it without
tomcat realising. is this possible?

Cheers Charlie

Christopher Schultz <>
30/10/2003 14:02
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"
        To:     Tomcat Users List <>
        Subject:        Re: intermitant availabilty of JNDI Realm

> Im have some destinct troubles with the Tomcat JNDIRealm. The problem is

> that I need to login four times before I get authenticated.
> Has anyone else experienced the same?
> <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
>         debug="99"
>         connectionURL="ldap://"
>         userBase="o=company name"
>         userSearch="(mail={0})"/>

How far away is this LDAP server? Is it on a local network, or some
further host. Is it possible that the connections are timing out or are
otherwise unreliable?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: