tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Nybro Bolding" <thomas.bold...@danskebank.dk>
Subject [OT] reloading bean upon session time out
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:59:31 GMT
Hi folks,
know this is somewhat off topic but Im still quite confident some (if not
most) of you is capable of answering my question.
Upon my users first request to my JSP-pages I retrive their user name and
loads their authorization level etc. from a database. This information is
stored in a bean given session scope. Thing is that after 30 minutes
(default) the session times out and the required information is lost,
thereby rendering my users unable to make request to the database.
How do I test for this and redirect them to the original authorization
page? (Ruling out the option of setting session time out to say 8
hours...)

/Thomas

<FONT SIZE=1 FACE="Arial">_______________
Vi goer opmaerksom paa, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du ved en
fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om fejlen ved at bruge
svar-funktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit system uden at videresende eller
kopiere den.
Selv om e-mailen og ethvert vedhaeftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri for virus og
andre fejl, som kan paavirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages og laeses, aabnes
den paa modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi paatager os ikke noget ansvar for tab og skade, som er
opstaaet i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.
Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then delete
the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it.
Although we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and other errors
that might affect the computer or IT system where it is received and read, the recipient opens
the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising
from the receipt or use of this message.
</FONT>