tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Klaas van der Ploeg" <klaasvdpl...@hotmail.com>
Subject coyote connector timeout in seconds or milliseconds?
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:14:22 GMT
Hi All,

Using tomcat4.1.12 (but seen in other versions too).

According to the documentation the connection timeout for the coyote
connector is set in milliseconds (in server.xml,
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/coyote.html).
However, the implementation in
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.setTimeout() multiplies the
specified value with 1000.

Could this impose any problems as you see it? This looks like the default
setting (20000) will cause a setTimeout(20000000) on the socket, which could
cause strange problems....

I'm actually doing some research on this connector, because we seem to have
a hanging thread, where an incoming tcpconnection is correctly handled by
the Http11Protocol class, but seems to be timeing out (leaving the thread
blocked).

Could this problem be related to the timeout setting?

Thanks for any hints!

Klaas

See:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/Http11Protocol.java?rev=1.42

    public void setTimeout( int timeouts ) {
        timeout = timeouts * 1000;
        setAttribute("timeout", "" + timeouts);
    }