tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hart, Justin" <JH...@sfa.com>
Subject RE: Unable to compile class for JSP?
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:46:17 GMT
Goto java.sun.com and download the latest JDK.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richardson, Robert [mailto:RRichardson@activision.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 5:42 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Unable to compile class for JSP?

I looked at my localhost_log.2003-10-17.txt and it showed the exception
below:

Exception   compiling Cannot use classic compiler, as it is not available.
A common solution is to set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to your jdk
directory.

A find did not anything jdk on my system.
We have JAVA_HOME set as /usr/java1.2/bin.

Robert