tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Snelling" <James.Snell...@upsa.org.uk>
Subject RE: MAC OSX and Tomcat -4.0.1
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:50:57 GMT
Solved the problem - there was an existing Catalina.jar file in
/Library/Java/Extensions that was looking for a whole pile of non
existent stuff, thus causing the problems!

Thanks for your help anyway though- much appreciated!

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Giuliano Gavazzi [mailto:dev+lists@humph.com]
Sent: 16 October 2003 09:05
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: MAC OSX and Tomcat -4.0.1

At 0:47 +0100 2003/10/16, James Snelling wrote:
>I am having big problems getting tomcat to start.
[...]
>Exception during startup processing
[...]
>Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/servlet/ServletResponse

where is your servlet.jar?

And why 4.0.1 when 4.1 is available?
In 4.1 I do not think it needs to be other than in
/usr/local/tomcat/common/lib/, in earlier versions it might require
to be in /Library/Java/Extensions (but just might).

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/

James Snelling

James.Snelling@upsa.org.uk

The views expressed here are not those of the Students' Association nor can they be assumed
to be those of the writer. No liability is accepted for the accuracy or the veracity of the
contents. You are held to accept this and any use to which you put any contents of this communication
are entirely your responsibility.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient and it may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error, please notify us
immediately and delete the e-mail. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action
in reliance on it. This e-mail message and any attached files have been scanned for the presence
of computer viruses, however, you are advised that you open any attachments at your own risk.

Nothing in this email shall be construed as constituting an order for goods or services

www.upsa.org.uk