tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steph Richardson" <st...@kvasar.com>
Subject Can I read file resources from a .WAR file at runtime ?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:28:10 GMT

I have a web-app that uses several xml, xsd, and other configuration files at runtime ( including
during the Application Init
event ). We keep these files under various directories under WEB-INF so that we can get their
paths at runtime relative to
ServletContext.getRealPath( "WEB-INF" ).

When I am deploying this web-app as a war file, I can detect I am a war file at runtime because
( getRealPath( "" ) == null ), but
is there a consistent way to read a file from this war file ?

Thanks

Steph Richardson
Kvasar Technology LLC
HQ: suite 106, 822 Boylston st., Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
smtp : steph@kvasar.com
http : www.kvasar.com