tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Artin Modaresi <artin.modar...@cypoint.se>
Subject RE: Getting exception running examples
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:19:27 GMT
Dear Mr Shapira,

Thank you for helping me out, I have two jdks installed 1.3 and 1.4 and
java_home
was pointing at the wrong one.

best regards
artin

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: den 9 oktober 2003 14:47
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Getting exception running examples

Howdy,
Do you have the JDK installed on your system?  If so, what version, and
is JAVA_HOME set correctly?

Do you have more than one version of tomcat installed on your system, or
more than one jasper jar in your tomcat installation?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspUtil.makeJavaPackage(JspUtil.java:948)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getDerivedPackageName(JspCompil
atio
>Context.java:403)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getServletPackageName(JspCompil
atio
>Context.java:393)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.createOutputDir(JspCompilationC
onte
>t.java:605)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getOutputDir(JspCompilationCont
ext.
>ava:227)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getClassFileName(JspCompilation
Cont
>xt.java:475)
>	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:514)
>	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:484)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.j
ava:
>5
>53)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.j
ava:
>3
>00)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:293
)
>	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)
>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>
>So I thought easiet way is to search this archive or/and ask you guys.
Have
>you seen this before? what is it?
>
>thanks
>
>artin