tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ruben Gamez" <rga...@OasisAdvantage.com>
Subject RE: Java/JSP/Servlet Programmer
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:23:52 GMT
I don't want a programmer that wouldn't know that.  If you've spent ANY
amount of time writing Servlets, you SHOULD know doGet and doPost.  That
is very basic.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hart, Justin [mailto:JHart@sfa.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 5:21 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Java/JSP/Servlet Programmer

It's not that it's difficult, but I wouldn't ask questions about
specific functions/parameters/methods.  I have written plenty of java,
and couldn't tell you what methods most specific interfaces implement.
I couldn't even tell you what methods the interfaces that I've written
implement.

Instead, I would look for conceptual knowledge.

I think that just about anybody can spit up wrote knowledge like that
after an hour of studying and not know how to implement a thing, but
most people who understand the actual concepts couldn't tell you what
methods or how many methods, or what their parameters are.

Just my $.02.