tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Opinions
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:54:35 GMT

>Well, I'd LOVE to try to use jsvc and make the appropriate
>for it, I just CAN'T see where I should declare them, use them, and so
>I suppose it replaces Coyote Connectors, and I should try to define the
>jsvc classes there (in server.xml), but, it is really to thin for me to
>start a test. Well, it's Friday, I will sleep on it on two or three
>and try to understand it :).

JSVC does not replace Coyote connectors.  It is merely an invocation
mechanism for another class.

I assume you've read the JSVC page at

I also assume you've downloaded, installed tomcat5 (5.0.14 preferably),
so you can see how jsvc is used there.

What, beyond the above information, would you find most useful in
understanding jsvc?

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: