tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Opinions
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:58:25 GMT

>> Does anyone have an opinion of Tomcat running in a very high traffic
>> environment, let's say, 100K - 500K unique visits/day?

We've been doing it for a long time, since tomcat 4.0.1.

>The other thing you lose is performance. You rarely want Tomcat to
>your static content. All it does it tie up threads that could be

Really?  Care to prove that with some benchmarks?  You might want to
search the list archives for a post I sent a month or two ago
demonstrating that the above is not necessarily true with current tomcat

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message