tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Opinions
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:57:01 GMT

Howdy,

>Hu! It's in early developments or is it suitable for production ?

It's ready for production.  People are already using it in production
with tomcat 5.  Of course, I'm biased ;)

>And, in a sysadmin point of view, what does that means:
>"There two ways to use jsvc: via a Class that implements the Daemon
>interface or via calling a Class that have the required methods. For
>example Tomcat-4.1.x uses the Daemon interface and Tomcat-5.0.x provide
>Class whose methods are called by jsvc directly."?

It's a Developer, rather than Sysadmin, option.  Chances are you won't
need to worry about it as you'll use commons-daemon with tomcat, which
already does the required jsvc invocation for you.

Yoav Shapira