tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: does tomcat work without apache? ... a real beginner asks some basic!?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:47:36 GMT

Howdy,

>with the paths: isn't it so, that "docBase=..." means, that all my
links
>would be added to this entry? and why does it work in netbeans (i tried
>to find any differences but i didn't!)?

No.  Be careful to note the difference between a context's path and its
docBase.  You probably want a context whose path is "", so that people
can point their browser at http://yourserver:yourport/ and see your
webapp.

Why it works in NetBeans is probably because NetBeans deploys your
webapp to the "" context by default.  I'm not familiar enough with
NetBeans to comment further.

>tell me, that i mustn't recode all my links!

You should have coded them relatively in the first place to avoid this
problem.  Setting the context path to "" will save you the need to
rewrite your links.

>and: installing my files under a domain: isn't it allowed(?) too, to
say
>"/formats.css"??

It is allowed.  Whether it makes sense to the container or not depends
on your configuration.

Yoav Shapira