tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat webapp is ignoring the system class path
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:11:18 GMT

Howdy,
You can make tomcat read the system classpath, but you don't want to.  Read this: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/class-loader-howto.html.
 Then search the archives if you're still not convinced you shouldn't make tomcat read the
system classpath.

Put your resource bundle in WEB-INF/classes of your webapp.

And please subscribe to the list properly -- I keep having to manually approve your posts.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

-----Original Message-----
From: Agarwal, Naresh [mailto:nagarwal@informatica.com]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 9:39 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat webapp is ignoring the system class path

Hi

I'm deploying a web app in the Tomcat. This web app reads a properties files through resource
bundle.

I've put the path of this properties file in the class path but while running the web app,
I'm getting exception that properties file does not
exist. Thus tomcat is ignoring the system class path.

Is there any work to make Tomcat read the classpath?

thanks,
Naresh