tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Overhead of having a WAR file in docPath
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:34:16 GMT

Howdy,
You're doing too much I think ;)

Do you have any custom things inside the Context element, e.g. a
Logger/Valve?  If not, you don't need a Context element in server.xml,
so take it out and let tomcat discover the webapp.

If you do have custom context configuration requirements, use either
myapp.xml or a <Context> tag in server.xml, but not both: they're
conflicting.  If you don't have custom context configuration
requirements, again, drop myapp.xml.

I would start with just the .war file in webapps, no myapp.xml, nothing
in server.xml, and see what happens.  Does tomcat properly discover and
deploy your webapp, or does it run into errors?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics