tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hua Hou <...@handango.com>
Subject jsp:include and case problem
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:54:06 GMT
I am having a case problem with jsp:include. I am using Tomcat 4.1.24. Here
is the problem:

2 jsp: A.jsp, b.jsp

Inside b.jsp, I have <jsp:include page="a.jsp"/>

In the browser, when I invoke b.jsp, A.jsp is compiled into "a_jsp.java" and
"a_jsp.class".

My understanding is that jsp is case sensitive, which means A.jsp should
never be compiled into "a_jsp.java" and "a_jsp.class", instead, Tomcat
should give "404" error. Is there way to prevent Tomcat from compiling
"A.jsp" into "a_jsp.java" when A.jsp is included using jsp:include?

Thank you for your great help!

Hua