tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anton Tagunov <atagu...@mail.cnt.ru>
Subject Re: error-page directive
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 06:08:41 GMT
Hello Carlos!

CP> IE shows it's default Error 500 - Internal Server Error page.

I recall there was an issue with some version of IE: it had
a "feature": if the error page is less then x bytes then IE showes
its ugly default error page. But if the error page is large
enough (in terms of bytes) then it showes that.

I recall (I was at it several years ago) that Cocoon machinery
for reporting errors was on purpose filling the error report
to be large enough somehow (probably it was sipmply adding
spaces, don't remember).

So, try to use a _really large_ page as your error page.
Please let us know if this works. If it does it is worth
adding to the faq.

Anton