tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Curley, Thomas" <thomas.cur...@euroconex.com>
Subject DBCP borrowObject failed
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:48:59 GMT
HI all,

I am stuck with the trying to setup MySql 4.0.13 to Tomcat 4.1.27 on RH Linux (both DB and
TC are on the same box). I have read the doc's and looked thro' previous posting and cant
see the problem.  I have this working on TC 4.1.12 and MySql 3.23.  The only other issue is
the new box is inside a DMZ

I get the following error:

DBCP borrowObject failed: java.sql.SQLException: Server connection failure during transaction.
Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.

I can use MySql client and connect to mysql using the user/passwd in server.xml

 <<web.xml>>
 <<server.xml>>
thanks

Thomas

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s).If you receive this email in error please notify emailadmin@euroconex.com and
delete it from your system. Any unauthorized dissemination, retransmission, or copying of
this email and any attachments is prohibited. Euroconex does not accept any responsibility
for any breach of confidence, which may arise from the use of email. Please note that any
views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the Company. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.