tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Curley, Thomas" <thomas.cur...@euroconex.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat4.1, jk2, and apache 1.3
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:39:28 GMT
Fully agree - the connector tomcat/apache doc is a mess - can't understand why the connector
developers cannot write a simple doc as part of release procedure or ask for help in documenting
this.

I'm alo trying to integrate Apache 1.3, TC 4.1.27 using jk2 on RH7.3

>From what I see you need mod_jk2.so (build this), jk2.properties, workers2.properties.
 Avoid going the auto config route in httpd just add the 2 lines for the jk2 module.

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Claassen [mailto:mac@donnell.com]
Sent: 08 October 2003 23:18
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat4.1, jk2, and apache 1.3

Hi.  I am trying to get the mod_jk2 to load into apache 1.3 and I am
slowly going insane.  I have "googled" my way around the web and have
seen lots of people ask the same type of question I am asking, but there
are few good answers.  (I feel a bit like that guy in the commercial
that "finished" the internet.)

I have in my httpd.conf file:
LoadModule		jk2_module libexec/mod_jk2.so
Include		tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

I have read that there is a way to get tomcat to produce its own
mod_jk.conf-auto file, but I cannot find how to do it.  I have looked at
the jk2 docs a lot, but it seems that they are for a different
(incompatible) version.  The JkMount directives cannot be added manually
either, since mod_jk2 doesn't seem to understand these.

What magic do I need to do so that tomcat 4.1 can produce the jk2 config
file automatically?

Thanks,
Mark

---------------------
"Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions
of our time; the need for man to overcome oppression and violence
without resorting to oppression and violence. "
-- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mark Claassen
Donnell Systems, Inc.
300 S. St. Louis Blvd. Ste. 203
South Bend, IN 46617
E-mail: mailto:mark.claassen@donnell.com
Voice: (574)232-3784
Fax: (574)232-4014

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s).If you receive this email in error please notify emailadmin@euroconex.com and
delete it from your system. Any unauthorized dissemination, retransmission, or copying of
this email and any attachments is prohibited. Euroconex does not accept any responsibility
for any breach of confidence, which may arise from the use of email. Please note that any
views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the Company. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.