tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Brewster" <dbrews...@guidewire.com>
Subject Connection refused error under load with tomcat 3.3.1 on Windows XP
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:11:13 GMT
We're running a load script on our tomcat server and seeing connection refused errors on the
client.

Server Configuration:
Vanilla tomcat (not fronted with Apache) 3.3.1
-Xmx 800MB -Xms512M
Windows XP
2.8 Ghz Hyperthreaded 800Mhz front side bus, 1 CPU
1.5 GB memory.

On the client load test we are using Java, connection with the URL class.  We see (don't know
if it's immediate yet) a connection refused error only under load.  The higher the number
of concurrent users (or load in general), the more errors.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Btw... we tried fronting this with Apache, mod_jk and found we received 500 errors instead.
 Mod_jk got the connection refused errors instead.

Thanks,

Dave