tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nitschke Michael" <mnitsc...@mbi.co.at>
Subject AW: Urgent help, please!Best practices using Connection Pool
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:27:57 GMT
I could remember that there was a mail today that answered your question.
The pool provides an wrapper for the connection object that you receive, this means you call
getConnection and you do not get the real connection instead you recive an object implementing
the Connection functionality with an altered "close()" method, which does not close/release
the connection, but returns the connection to the pool.

If it was to short, read the original post in the archives.
Mike

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ [mailto:Jose.Euclides@rj.previdenciasocial.gov.br]

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. Oktober 2003 15:27
An: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Betreff: Urgent help, please!Best practices using Connection Pool

Hi gurus, help me please.
i am using DBCP 1.0 to make connection pool avaiable. My question can be
easy: since DBCP 1.0 doesnt create a singleton object ( just a datasource
object), what should i do whenever my sql queries are done? Should i close
the connection after each sql command is completed? But, if i do this, will
i loose my connection pool facility, so my next sql command will spend more
time since the connection process ( with the database ) would be started
before the sql running. I really need to improve my database response time!
Thanks in advance,
Euclides.