tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bergan, Mark T - PGPL-5" <mtber...@bpa.gov>
Subject It's the "Virtual Directory" Stupid! was: IIS not serving static files from Tomcat ->IIS; Tomcat 4.1.27; IIS 5; Win2k sp4; JK2; isapi_redi rector2
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:54:30 GMT
Right, well, so I wrote this huge detailed message to send to y'all complete with actual annotated
config-files with a plea to help me figure out why IIS wouldn't serve up the static files
under the /webapps folder.  I was carefully verifying each detail before I clicked send...and
got to thinking about IIS Virtual Directories.  ..One last tweak in the IIS console and Bam!

Listen carefully.  YOU NEED TO SET UP A VIRTUAL DIRECTORY IN THE IIS CONSOLE FOR TOMCAT APPS
UNDERNEATH THE $(TOMCATBASEDIR)/webapps FOLDER!

The crowd goes, "Yeah, well duh!".  I wasted days on this!  Funny, none of the docs/books
I looked at mentioned this, but I'm not a sys-admin, just a lowly programmer.

Anyway, hopefully I saved some company somewhere a few bucks in configuration time.

-Mark