tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony E. Carlos" <anth...@digitalphenom.com>
Subject tomcat uses more and more memory
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:30:15 GMT
Hello,

I've been running Tomcat on Linux and have noticed that it always
consumes more memory and never releases it. I have used the manager
application to stop applications and watched the memory usage in top,
but it has only increased.

My web applications are using struts, velocity, and ojb.

I'm fairly certain that it's NOT tomcat, but one of these components
(or my own stuff). My question is, which is the most likely candidate
for not allowing the java garbage collector to do its thing? I'm
assuming that when a web app is stopped, the memory would be reclaimed.
How can I monitor garbage collection?

Thanks,

Anthony