tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Liles" <d...@dynamichostings.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5 error when starting
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:00:28 GMT
Yoav,

Thanks for the info.... I inharited this laptop from a previous developer so who knows what
went on.....

I completly uninstalled both the JVM and Tomcat and started from scratch and it now works....

Where I work we are "forced" to use JBuilder and I'm wondering if anyone has been able to
integrate Tomcat 5.0 with JBuilder 7?

Thanks

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
	Sent: Tue 10/21/2003 1:01 PM
	To: Tomcat Users List
	Subject: RE: Tomcat 5 error when starting

	Howdy,
	Since you ask, you probably didn't change the default XML parsers.

	The NoClassDefFound error means the version of
	javax.xml.transform.Source found by the JVM at runtime is not the same
	as that found in compile time.  Compile time in this case refers to the
	jakarta-commons-modeler component's compile time.

	You should never get this error out of the box, especially not on JDK
	1.4.  You would get this error if you replaced the parsers that ship
	with tomcat (in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib) or those with the JDK (in
	$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext) with older or incompatible versions.

	Yoav Shapira

	>I have j2sdk1.4.2...... as for parsers.... uh... were would I look for
	this
	>info?
	>       Howdy,
	>       What JDK version are you using?  What parsers?
	>
	>       <java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
	>       >javax/xml/transform/Source>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
	>       >javax/xml/transform/Source
	>       > at
	>
	>org.apache.commons.modeler.modules.MbeansDescriptorsDOMSource.execut
	>e(M
	>       bean
	>       >sDescriptorsDOMSource.java:130)
	>       > at
	>
	>org.apache.commons.modeler.modules.MbeansDescriptorsDOMSource.loadDe
	>scr
	>       ipto
	>       >rs(MbeansDescriptorsDOMSource.java:120)
	>       > at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.load(Registry.java:819)
	>       > at

	org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.loadDescriptors(Registry.java:931
	>)
	>       > at

	org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.loadDescriptors(Registry.java:909
	>)
	>       > at
	>
	>org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createRegistry(MBeanUtils.java
	>:16
	>       46)
	>       > at
	>org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.<clinit>(MBeanUtils.java:154)
	>       > at
	>
	>org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.<clinit>
	>(Gl
	>       obal
	>       >ResourcesLifecycleListener.java:112)
	>       > at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
	>       > at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:237)
	>       > at
	>
	>org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.
	>jav
	>       a:25
	>       >3)
	>       > at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:200)
	>       > at

	org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1273)
	>       > at
	>
	>org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAX
	>Par
	>       ser.
	>       >java:459)
	>       > at
	>
	>org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Abs
	>tra
	>       ctX
	>       >
	>       >
	>       >
	>
	>
	>
	>       This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential
	business
	intended

	tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org