tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lee, Paul NYC" <P...@citco.com>
Subject RE: Help root context problem!!!
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:22:09 GMT
Sorry, I misunderstood.  So something else here is caching your page.  Do
you have a webserver sitting in front of tomcat or just tomcat?

-----Original Message-----
From: JStanczak@vinu.edu [mailto:JStanczak@vinu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 5:05 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Help root context problem!!!

Oh, no that's not it. It does recompile the code just fine. If you for
example call http://myserver/a-path/index.jsp it works fine. Then
index.jsp will forward to http://myserver/a-path/servlet/MyServlet and
that works just fine. Both path will reflect any changes of the dynamic
content from the database. But if you access the index.jsp using
http://myserver it will load the content the first time, which it gets
from the Servlet and the servlet get from the database. However, from that
point on the http://myserver path will keep showing the same content even
after changing it in the database. Basically it's only loading the
information from the jsp and caching it forever. But if you access the jsp
and servlet directly using http://myserver/a-path/index.jsp or for the
servlet http://myserver/a-path/servlet/MyServlet they both will reflect
the changes. For some reason the context is caching the last content send
and never let's it go even though the jsp and servlet show they have the
updated information in them. It's not the code that needs to be
recompiled, it's the dynamic content from the database that needs to
update.

Thank You,

Justin A. Stanczak
Web Manager