tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: log4j error in jsp?
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:02:29 GMT
At 02:52 PM 10/24/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>nopes.. I have been careful to not use the Category class.
>also, I do have the jar file in the classpath.
>
>moreover, this is not a consistently reproducible error.. some users get
>it, while others dont!
>
>-Rishi

Looks like an exception happening in the container.  Tomcat uses
commons-logging which uses Log4j if it finds it in the classpath.  What
version of Tomcat are you using?  Can you find Log4j in your
classpath?  You might want to search Apache's Bugzilla system for a similar
bug ( http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/ ).

Jake