tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Westmeier <westme...@justmail.de>
Subject Tomcat-IIS works with JK1 but not with JK2. Any hints?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:28:02 GMT
Hi,

my Web-Server is behind a firewall-router, which blocks everything
different to Port 80 and redirects the incoming external host-name to the
local real host-name (IP-Adress) of the Server with IIS and Tomcat.
(example: http://xyz-e.de/webapp/  ==> http://xyz-prod.de/webapp)

I had connected the Tomcat 4.1.24 with IIS 5.0 with JK1
(isapi_redirector.dll) and it worked without any Problems under Win 2K.

After an upgrade to JK2 (isapi_redirector2.dll) it works only, if I
use the computers local Host-Name and I get an Error-Message if I use
the URL with external host name. After pressing the reload button of the
Browser, the source code of the html-page generated by tomcat from the
requested jsp-file is
shown, but it is not interpreted as a HTML - Web Page.

What may be the Problem (Tomcat, IIS or the firewall)?
If it is a Problem with the firewall, why does it work with JK1 without
problems?
You can see my JK configuration files at the end of the mail.

I must upgrade to JK2, because I want to use JBoss 3.2.1-Tomcat 4.1.24
instead of the standalone Tomcat. Or is it possible, to use the
JBoss-Tomcat with JK1, too.
If it is possible, what has to be changed in the Server.xml?

Thanks for your help,
Thorsten

My configuration files for JK and JK2:

JK1:
--------
- uriworkermap.proerties:

/pmhelp/*=Worker
/pmhelp/*.jsp=Worker

- workers.properties:

worker.list=Worker
worker.Worker.port=8009
worker.Worker.host=localhost
worker.Worker.type=ajp13

JK2:
--------
- k2.properties:

handler.list=channelSocket,request
channelSocket.port=8009
channelSocket.adress=localhost

- workers2.properties:

[logger]
level=DEBUG

[config:]
file=${serverRoot}/workers2.properties
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=0

# Define the communication channel
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
port=8009
host=localhost
tomcatId=localhost:8009
debug=0

[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

[uri:/pmhelp/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

[uri:/pmhelp/*.jsp]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocessor servers
file=${serverRoot}/log/jk2.shm
size=1000000
debug=0