tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.0.12, Windows, and file pathnames
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 15:15:52 GMT

Not sure of the exact problem or why 5.0.9 works but 5.0.12
doesn't.  However, I would recommend that you not install Tomcat to a path
containing spaces.  You are just asking for trouble.  Also, why are
resources in the classpath being modified?  If you want to modify
resources, you should have those resources under "WEB-INF/wikifiles" or
something like that, not WEB-INF/classes.  Better yet, define an context
param which the deployer can override in a context configuration file which
points to location outside the webapp to write files to.  Doing this will
keep you in-line with the servlet-spec and best practices.

Jake