tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: New Tomcat user
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:07:22 GMT
At 02:56 PM 10/1/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Howdy,
>Was endorsed added in JDK 1.2 or 1.3?  (I'm too lazy to search right
>now).  Try using a 1.3 (or later) JDK and see if the error goes away.

No on all counts.  The endorsed standards override mechanism was added in
j2sdk1.4..
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/standards/index.html

However, old JDK's shouldn't balk at this.  In those cases, the
common/endorsed dir would act just like the common/lib dir.  I've run
Tomcat-5 using JDK1.3.1 and it worked fine.

Jake