tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edson Alves Pereira <eapere...@panamericano.com.br>
Subject RE: Charset encoding issue (again :-))
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:20:41 GMT
	Then, you could create a class that would convert strings from some
encoding that you donĀ“t known and transform to UTF-8 and that class load its
configuration from a local .properties file to make it flexible, for
example:

	public String getParameter( String stName_ )
	{
		//This will change the native encoding to you favorite one:
		byte[ ]b = request.getParameter( "MyParam" ).getBytes(
"UTF-8" );

		return new String( b );	//To use default encoding:
		return new String( b, "UTF-8" );	//Some different:
	}