tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Rees" <...@greenhydrant.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2 Tomcat4.1.27 name based virtual hosts
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:56:30 GMT
On Wed, October 1, 2003 at 2:02 am, John Bell sent the following

> In Apache http.conf I have name based virtual hosts.
>
> If I have capucino.co.uk as the first virtual host (default) then a
> request to freshlyroastcoffee.biz is ignored
>
> and www.freshlyroastcoffee.biz goes to the capucino site.
>
> If I put freshlyroastcoffe first then all is fine and capucino is picked
> up but I cannot see where I am going wrong
>
> whether its a typo or just got it wrong.
<snip>

Your Apache configuration is broken.  Make it look like below instead of
including your mod_jk.conf.  The JkMount directive needs to go inside of
each VirtualHost.

-Dave

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
	ServerAdmin sales@capucino.co.uk
	DocumentRoot /coffeemy
	ServerName www.capucino.co.uk
	ErrorLog logs/capucino.error_log
	CustomLog logs/capucino.co.uk-access_log combined
	JkMount /coffeemy ajp13
	JkMount /coffeemy/* ajp13
	JkMount /coffeemy/*.jsp ajp13
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
	ServerAdmin sales@capucino.co.uk
	DocumentRoot /coffeepp
	ServerName www.freshlyroastcoffee.biz
	ErrorLog logs/freshlyroastcoffee.error_log
	CustomLog logs/freshlyroastcoffee.biz-access_log combined
	JkMount /coffeepp ajp13
	JkMount /coffeepp/* ajp13
	JkMount /coffeepp/*.jsp ajp13
</VirtualHost>