tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Godfrey <david.godf...@misys.com>
Subject Using mod_jk with Apache Virtual Hosts
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:52:12 GMT
Hi,

Looking for some help with the following please....

I have Apache HTTP Server set up to server three virtual hosts. Two of these
I want to be serving Tomcat based content, the third serves purely static
content. I have this working of a fashion, as I have Jkmount directives
inside the two virtualhost sections of httpd.conf that map to the
virtualhosts that will server tomcat based content. The relevant section of
httpd.conf looks like this....

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName VH1
DocumentRoot htdocs
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName VH2
DocumentRoot htdocs/VH2
JkMount /* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName VH3
DocumentRoot htdocs/VH3
JkMount /* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

So what I now have is three working virtual hosts, with both VH2 and VH3
redirected to tomcat. What I actually need is for VH2 to redirect to a
webapp named "VH2" running inside tomcat, and likewise for VH3 to redirect
to a webapp named "VH3". At the moment I need to put VH2/VH2 and VH3/VH3
into my browser for this to work. Both webapps are running in the same
instance of Tomcat.

Hope I've explained this in an understandable manner, some help would be
appreciated.

many thanks

Dave