tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <jay.glanvi...@naturalconvergence.com>
Subject RE: [OFF-TOPIC] Ant <property file...
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 16:33:09 GMT
You have things in the wrong order: ant doesn't over-ride in a later
format.  The first time a variable is defined, that's when it's set.

For example:
<property name="name" value="john" />
<property name="name" value="scott" />
<echo message="${name}" />

Will print out john.

Therefore, in your example, all three will be read.  When a variable is
defined, it stays that way and usually (note: exceptions are <ant> and
<antcall>, see documentation) can't be changed.

JDG