tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Florian Ebeling <feb...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: jk or jk2
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:40:58 GMT
Dean-

thanks for sharing your material on your tested setup here. I wonder if
you've got a distinct idea of how the syntax workers2.properties works.
This is actually my single most pressing problem.

There is this section like thing: [foo:bar] What does it mean? Is it a

[type:instance]  -   eg. [uri:/context/*]

scheme, perhaps? This might make sense. Then this

[type:]          -   eg. [config:]

could be a "class" or singleton-like thing. And then, the properties. Do
they always refer to the preceding square-bracketed item?

[type:obj]
property1=value1
property2=value2

What is the group syntax like? Is a group something I define with the
[lb:some_lb_name] statement? Do I need a shared memory file under all
circumstances, or is it neccessary only when I have several tomcats?

-Florian

Dean Searle wrote:

> The Oreilly book is only for Tomcat and Tomcat as a Standalone web/application server.
I have spent six months trying to figure out how everything works together and how to get
things implemented. Both from FreeBSD and Windows. I do have documentation on how to get Apache2,
Tomcat 4.1 and mod_jk2 to work together. Please keep in mind that this is old documentation
that I have out there, some things are not optimized yet.

> I have just reconfigured my Apache2, Tomcat 4.1 and mod_jk2 installation. I currently
have a test environment where I am running two instances of Apache2 from one binary install
and three instances of Tomcat from one binary install. Each one running different configuration
from straight static site to jsp site and jsp with SSL or Realm security with AD LDAP. But
all using mod_jk2 when needed.

> I will provide a link to my old documentation to get you started. I will try and answer
any other questions also. I am not an expert here though, just some things I have figured
out from reading numerous posts here and from other sites. I will repost an updated documentation
as soon as all my testing is done.