tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>
Subject Re: xhtml and Internet Explorer
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:04:51 GMT
Marius, I think such a feature request should not be addressed to
Tomcat, but to the JSP specification itself. Remember that Tomcat is
being used as the reference implementation of servlet/JSP technologies,
and so it should stick to the specification.

Basically, as I see it, your request means a special treatment for a
subset of directives in a few specific cases. I think it would imply
that tags could be marked as not generating any output, so when in a
single JSP line there were only such marked tags and leading / trailing
spaces among them, the line itself could be omited from the output. Such
a change should be made from the specification.

Regards,
Rodrigo