tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marius Scurtescu <mari...@lightspeed.ca>
Subject Re: xhtml and Internet Explorer
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:08:54 GMT
I will consider implementing a filter to remove
the empty lines before the <html> tag.

For now I eliminated most of the empty lines by
changing:
<%@page import="..." %>
<%@page language="Java" %>
<jsp:include page="foo.jsp" />
<jsp:include page="bar.jsp" />
<jsp:include page="baz.jsp" />

to:

<%@page import="..." language="Java"
%><jsp:include page="foo.jsp"
/><jsp:include page="bar.jsp"
/><jsp:include page="baz.jsp" />

Ugly, but at least there is one directive per page.

It would be great if the JSP compiler would not output
new lines for lines containing only JSP directives. I
will fill a feature request for this.

I am using IE 6 SP1, so this issue is still not
fixed. Microsfot may not even be aware of it.

Thanks,
Marius