tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schu...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Html files not displayed with webapp
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:07:27 GMT
Matthias,
 > E.g. if I get a directory listing from Tomcat and there is a *.html
> file and I klick it to open, then Apache says the file is not found.

That's totally weird. Does Apache give you the 404 error, or Tomcat?

>>Are you on UNIX or windoze?
>
> SuSE Linux 8.2

Good!

What do your server logs say? ... and do you have an access log
configured for Tomcat? (I've never done this)

Do they confirm that the URL was *.html and that it returned a 404?

The only thing I can think of is that you're using a mod_rewrite rule to
replace *.html with *.htm, but I'm pretty sure you'd remember putting
that into your httpd.conf. :)

Did you copy this installation from anywhere else?

-chris