tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schu...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Problems with JK2 / Virtual hosts / tomcat 4
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:39:12 GMT
John,

> I tried to follow the how-to and think I did everything right, but one
> of my hosts still will not serve up jsp pages.  Some pages it loads as
> if they where just html and some it tries to download.

> server.xml
>
> <Engine name="apache" defaultHost="www.shaolincenter.com" debug="0">
[snip]

I checked this site, and yup, your page is showing up as text. The good
news is that it looks like the JSP is actually running, instead of
showing the source of the JSP :)

I looked at the headers, and it looks like the Content-Type is
"text/plain". Maybe you have a misconfiguration in either Tomcat or
Apache that's not setting the Content-Type properly.

Apache generally sets this header based upon file extension/URI pattern.
Your extension is .jsp, so it should be okay in general. Are you setting
the content-type in your JSP page?

Usually Tomcat sets the Content-Type for you (right?), so I'm not sure
why this ended up this way...

-chris