tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hanasaki JiJi <hanas...@hanaden.com>
Subject Re: ThreadLocal relationship to servlet requets and use to store variables
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 06:05:51 GMT
True :)  Unfortunately, the corporate architects do not allow
presentation tier (ie: servlet requests) to be passed all the way down
to the persistence tier.  The goal is to put the session pull the login
id out of the servlet session, on each request, and stick it in an
application defined session object instance that is uncoupled from the
servlet api's.  Putting the Session instance into thread local would, I
hope, make it available to the persistence tier without adding a method
parameter all the way through all method calls top to bottom.  any other
suggestions?
thanks