tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marius Scurtescu <mari...@lightspeed.ca>
Subject xhtml and Internet Explorer
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:24:32 GMT
Hi,

I am using Tomcat 4.0.5 with JBoss 3.0.3 under
Win2K and I am trying to generate XHTML pages
with JSP.

Everything is fine with Mozilla, but IE keeps
showing the pages as raw XML.

I know that this issue came up before on this
list, but the solution suggested previously
(adding a page directive with the content type)
does not work.

I checked the headers sent by the server (using
LiveHTTPHeaders in Mozilla) and everything seems
to be OK. The content type is
text/html; charset=UTF-8

The content generated by the JSP page is valid
XHTML. I saved it to a file and when loaded from
the file system it is rendered properly by IE.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Marius