tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schu...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5 Problem with finding servlet class
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:09:43 GMT
All,

>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>> javax.servlet.ServletConfig.getServletName()Ljava/lang/String;
>

> This method is not part of the servlet specification:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/servletapi/index.html
>
> How did you compile it in the first place?

I'm sorry; I was looking at ServletContext, not ServletConfig.

Anyhow, I don't think you should be explicitly setting any classpaths
for anything. You should just dump all your JAR files into WEB-INF/lib
and start Tomcat without any further configuration changes.

Note that putting servlet.jar into WEB-INF/lib is a mistake. Tomcat will
probably refuse to load thar JAR anyways, so you might be okay (I know
it does on mine .. oops :)

-chris