tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Florian Ebeling <feb...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: mod_jk2 binary for Apache 2.0.47/Win
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:14:47 GMT
Hi Jean-Max,

this won't work, Apache accepts only modules with exactly matching
version numbers.

I tried the mod_jk module, because this one is in sync with the Apache2
release. You can get it here:
http://www.apache.de/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32/

mod_jk is deprecated, I know. But it has been in production for a faily
long time, so it shouldn't be too daring to use this.

To get it running, one has to do configuration in several places:

First, I created a file "workers.peroperties" in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf like
this:

---
worker.list=worker1

worker.worker1.host=127.0.0.1
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
---

Then I added this to $APACHE_HOME/conf/httpd.conf, behind the section
where all the othher "LoadModule ..." directives get listed.
---
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk_1.2.5_2.0.47.dll
#AddModule  mod_jk_1.2.5_2.0.47.c
#AddModule  jk_module.c
#AddModule mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile "c:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/conf/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "C:/Programme/Apache Group/Apache2/logs/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel debug
---

- adjust path to your workers.properties here
- add path for a log file for the module here (eg. mod_jk.log)

Then, add this snippet to httpd.conf

<VirtualHost *>
     ServerAdmin florian.ebeling@it-fws.de
     DocumentRoot "C:/Programme/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs_javaroom"
     ServerName javaroom
     ErrorLog logs/javaroom-error.log
     CustomLog logs/javaroom-access.log common
     JkMount /*.jsp worker1
     JkMount /javaroom/* worker1
</VirtualHost>

- replace the virtual host server name with your server name
- replace "JkMount /javaroom/*" so that it specifies some webapp context
of yours

And, finally, add the neccessary Tomcat Connector to your server.xml:

       port="8009"
       minProcessors="5"
       maxProcessors="250"
       />

- I put it just behind <Service ... >

Then restart Tomcat and Apache2 and ping your app.

One question remains: All the documentation, I consulted said one has to
use a "AddModule ..." directive in the httpd.conf. But all the commented
variants above prevent the apache from starting up at all. Do you have
any idea what this might happen to mean?

-Florian