tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Francois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Socket permission in a CGI Script
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:05:06 GMT
I'm not a servlets-cgi expert (never used), but I think, if Tomcat runs
with a Security Manager, you can fix the problem by adding the following
in server.policy:

// Give all permission to servlets-cgi.jar
grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/server/lib/servlets-cgi.jar" {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

If it works then try to only give the socket permission. If you are not
running with a Security Manager, then it's a permission/group OS setting.

--Jeanfrancois