tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "zuhans@iname.com" <zuh...@iname.com>
Subject Re: does tomcat work without apache? ... a real beginner asks some basic!?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:45:09 GMT
hello,

i really let tomcat do the job...

with the paths: isn't it so, that "docBase=..." means, that all my links
would be added to this entry? and why does it work in netbeans (i tried
to find any differences but i didn't!)?

tell me, that i mustn't recode all my links!

and: installing my files under a domain: isn't it allowed(?) too, to say
"/formats.css"??

hans

Shapira, Yoav schrieb:

>Howdy,
>Your context is all default settings: you can take the whole <Context>
>declaration out of server.xml and let tomcat auto-deploy your war file.
>
>The problem with your HTML links, like the one for your stylesheet, is
>that they're absolute: /myFile.css is from the server root.  There's
>nothing at the server root.  Change the links to have the webapp name in
>the beginning, e.g. /sygenews/myFile.css.  You can confirm for yourself
>these links work by entering them into your browser:
>http://yourserver:yourport/myFile.css will not work (404 error)
>http://yourserver:yourport/sygenews/myFile.css will work.
>
>These are fairly basic concepts: you might want to go through a couple
>of HTML/servlet tutorials.
>
>Yoav Shapira
>Millennium ChemInformatics

so