tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Request, response and session.
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:36:51 GMT
1) get a good JSP book
2) Request and Response are 2 classes as defined by the Servlet API. A JSP is
actually a servlet when all is said and done. Anyhoo - the Request and
Response are the interfaces to get the data the user agent sent as well as
send data back to the user agent.
3) To use sessions - there is HttpSession which is available in Jsp pages as
a variable called session. In servlets, you have to get it via
request.getSession() (or a variant).

There are many free resources about intro to servlets and Jsp on the web, I
can't think of any right know since I am so dependent on Google.

-Tim