tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Can I configure Tomcat to send "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" rather than "HTT P/1.1 200"?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:03:14 GMT
Recompile the source. (But I thought the 4.1.27 also appended the status text
too)

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec6.html#sec6

" The individual values of the numeric status codes defined for HTTP/1.1, and
an example set of corresponding Reason-Phrase's, are presented below. The
reason phrases listed here are only recommendations -- they MAY be replaced
by local equivalents without affecting the protocol."

So OK is only a recommendation. It may actually be any word based on locale.
So the following is probably also valid:

HTTP/1.1 200 Roger

-Tim