tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: Can I configure Tomcat to send "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" rather than "HTT P/1.1 200"?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:03:14 GMT
Recompile the source. (But I thought the 4.1.27 also appended the status text

" The individual values of the numeric status codes defined for HTTP/1.1, and
an example set of corresponding Reason-Phrase's, are presented below. The
reason phrases listed here are only recommendations -- they MAY be replaced
by local equivalents without affecting the protocol."

So OK is only a recommendation. It may actually be any word based on locale.
So the following is probably also valid:

HTTP/1.1 200 Roger

Hua Hou wrote:
> I have a really picky browser that is expecting the "OK" after "200" when
> receiving HTTP response as:
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Without the "OK", the browser can NOT render the HTTP response correctly.
> I have two questions:
> (1) Is there a way to configure Tomcat to send "OK" after the "200" code
> when sending response header to browser?
> (2) According the HTTP 1.1 spec, is the "OK" required after the "200" code?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message