tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Gibby <dgi...@resumerabbit.com>
Subject Re: Bug: RequestDumperValve - Tomcat 4.0.4 - UTF-8
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:38:44 GMT
It may also be that your environment is set with a LANG or LOCALE that
is throwing java off. You may want to look into that.

Daniel Gibby

Andoni wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have recently started using the RequestDumperValve with my Tomcat 4.0.4 for windows.
>Now when I go to write applications that accept foreign character sets in UTF-8 I find
that they come out as rubbish because they have been translated into ISO-8859-1.  When I add
a URLDecoder.decode(); statement in my servlet where the request.getParameter() comes in all
works fine again.  Unfortunately if I don't remove the URLDecoder when putting the application
Live (my live site has no dumper valve) I get a string of question marks for the foreign characters.

>So: The RequestDumperValve in Tomcat 4.0.4 is translating the characters received into
ISO-8859-1.  Now what I need is the source code for the valve to fix this problem but I can't
find the source code on the jakarta.apache.org site any more, can someone help me?