tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Gibby <dgi...@resumerabbit.com>
Subject Re: tomcat jitters, then hangs - please help
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:34:11 GMT
Do you see errors in your catalina.out when this happens?
I believe that I am having the same problem with IBMJava, tomcat 4.1.27,
mod_jk2.0.2 unixSocket connectors and apache 2.0.40...
I'm hoping that setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL will solve the issue.

My catalina.out has errors as follows:
[Mon Oct 20 23:10:02 2003] (error ) [jk_channel_un.c (422)]
channelUn.receive(): error receiving -1 86
Oct 20, 2003 11:10:02 PM org.apache.jk.common.JniHandler nativeDispatch
SEVERE: nativeDispatch: error 21000
Oct 20, 2003 11:10:02 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelUn receive
SEVERE: receive error:   21000

Daniel Gibby

you will encounter 3 problems :

>IBM Jvm crunching all available memory
>Tomcat 4.1.27 is sometimes unable to free some threads (and so you go out of maxProcessors
>IBM 1.4.1 runs more or less well with the libpthread. You could have tomcat freezing,
or JITC doing SIG11, or... Well, nothing really clear about that.

>>I would like to know more about how should we go about configuring the
>>LD_ASSUME_KERNEL. Please correct me if I am wrong.
>>

>>>setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.2.5
>>>

>I use bash as a shell, and because our final architecture (not finished) will be of several
tomcat instances running on several nodes of a linux virtual server, I use a script like
that :